The Amphenol® Aquacon Series of connectors has been designed to provide maximum service in oceanic or fluid immersion applications.
DESIGN FEATURES OF AQUACON SERIES CONNECTORS
- A specially designed aluminum bronze coupling nut and type 316 stainless steel shells resist corrosion and provide a pressure withstanding connector. Positive threaded coupling, “O” rings, and a color band visual indicator assure sealing and proper mating.
- A rear accessory thread provides for the use of EMI hardware or molding adapters.
- Aquacon Connectors are available in a straight plug and two receptacle styles, with numerous MIL-DTL-38999 insert patterns. AJ use JT inserts that incorporate contact sizes 22D, 22M, 22, 20 or 16. AS use SJT inserts that incorporate size 12 contacts.
- Hermetically sealed (1 X 10-6 cc/ sec leakage rate) arrangements are also available.
1. Corrosion resistant aluminum bronze coupling nut and stainless steel sleeve
2. Hermetic and non-hermetic inserts in MIL-DTL-38999 patterns. Glass or hard dielectric material.
3. Visual mating indicator
4. 1500 PSI sealing capability assured by threaded coupling and “O” ring
5. Pin or socket contacts in either plug or receptacle
6. Environmental resistant molded cable terminations with or without EMI accessory