CF38999 Multi-Channel Fiber Optic Connector
The Industry Standard for Fiber Optics
- Meets or exceeds MIL-DTL-38999 Series III requirements
- EMI Shielding-solid metal-to-metal coupling, grounding fingers, electroless nickel plating, and thicker wall sections provide superior EMI shielding capability of 65dB min. at 10 GHz.
- Termini Protection-recessed pins in this 100% scoop-proof connector minimize potential termini damage
- Corrosion Resistance-shells of stainless steel or cadmium over nickel plating withstand 500 hr. salt spray exposure
- Vibration/Shock-operates under severe high temperature vibration
- Threaded coupling quickly and completely mates in one 360° turn of the coupling nut
Additional, composite connectors features include:
- Lightweight - 17%-70% weight savings
- Increased Corrosion Resistance-olive drab cadmium (175°C) and electroless nickel plating (200°C) both withstand 2000 hours of salt spray exposure.
- Durability-1500 couplings minimum (in reference to connector couplings, not termini)
The illustration above shows the key features of the CF38999. The highest optical performance connector conforming to MIL-DTL-38999.
- Beryllium-copper retention clip for improved termini stability
- Precision-aligned inserts
- Modified master key