MIL-DTL-38999 with Coaxial, Concentric Twinax, and Triax Connectors
Amphenol Connectors are ideally suited for the incorporation of shielded contacts for high performance interconnection applications. The circular family is built around MIL-DTL-38999 specifications, with Mil-approved and commercial styles offered. Normal operating voltage for circulars with power contacts only is up to 900 VAC (RMS) at sea level.
The MIL-DTL-38999 family offers these features for contact termination flexibility and Widest selection of insert arrangements that can incorporate:
- Size 8 high speed Quadrax and Differential Twinax contacts for MIL-DTL-38999 Series III (specially modified to accommodate keyed contacts)
- Transition adapters for use in attaching D38999 Series III connectors with high speed quadrax or differential contacts to PCB boards
- Size 8, 12 and 16 Coax contacts
- Size 8 and 12 Twinax contacts
- Size 8, 10 & 12 Triax contacts
Wide selection of connector shell styles and sizes:
CLICK HERE to view the insert arrangements most readily available patterns within the 38999 Circular Series. Consult a Amphenol Representative for other arrangements. In most cases, unless otherwise stated, size 8 and size 12 cavities can be filled with either coax, twinax, triax or power contacts.
- Scoop-proof recessed design in LJT-R, TV-R and SJT-R connectors provide protection for contacts
- Standard power contacts are crimp rear release, qualified to SAE AS39029
- Coax, Twinax, and Triax contacts employ the same retention system as power contacts, simplifying user substitution