The Amphenol ® Diode Connector offers the versatility of a standard connector, with transient protection for sensitive circuits, such as TTL Lines.
Regardless of frequency or origin, transient caused failures generated by load switching, lightning, electrostatic discharge (ESD) and electromagnetic pulse (EMP) can destroy unprotected IC components.
Compatible with present filter connector assembly procedures, diodes can stand alone or can be combined in series with filters.
Internal housing of the diode offers weight and space savings over other protection methods available today, and eliminates costly and bulky exterior suppression mechanisms in appropriate situations. Diodes are presently available in contact sizes 22, 20 and 16.
Transient protection can be provided in receptacle, plug or adapter configuration. These connectors are intermateable and intermountable with MIL-Spec and custom connectors.
Features & Benefits:
- Clamping voltage as low as 11.9 volts
- Low capacitance – suitable for high frequency applications
- Unipolar or bipolar – using existing proven diode technology
- Protection for 5.8 to 200 VDC circuits
- No additional circuits required
- Low impedance – high frequency response
- Increased reliability
- Nanosecond response time
- Elimination of costly external suppression assemblies
- Screened to applicable requirements of MIL-S-19500TX/TXV
- Available as repairable or fixed diode design
- Keeps transients outside of the box
Consult factory for insert availability