Air-Tight Lightweight Hermetic
With Amphenol's new Air-Tight Lightweight Hermetic connectors, there’s no longer a need to sacrifice weight to provide a high-quality hermetic seal and operating temperatures. Utilizing high-performance materials, these hermetically sealed connectors will meet a leak rate of 1x10-7cc helium per second and maintain an operating temperature of -85 °F (-65 °C) to 392 °F (200 °C).
This revolutionary design utilizes an aluminum shell resulting in a weight savings of 35 percent across any shell size. No more concerns about introducing traditional, heavy, stainless steel hermetics and sacrificing your application's performance.
Currently offered in any standard MIL-DTL-38999 configuration with the option to implement in other connector series where appropriate. Contact your local Amphenol representative for more information.
Features & Benefits:
- 35% weight savings across all shell sizes
- Full hermetic sealing, 1x10-7 cc helium/sec
- Operating temperature range of -85 °F (-65 °C) to 392 °F (200 °C)
- Utilizes highly conductive gold-plated copper contacts
TESTING & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Exposed to 100 cycles of thermal shock between -85 °F (-65 °C) to 392 °F (200 °C)
- - 1000 hours of thermal aging at 392 °F (200 °C)
- - Hermetic Seal at 30PSI
- - Extended Hi-Pot electric test
*Additional qualification to be completed. Reach out to Amphenol
for more details.