Cryo-Seal Hermetic Connector Series
Air-Tight Glass Sealed Connector Series for Cryogenic Temperatures
The Cryo-Seal Hermetic connector series is designed for extreme low-temperature environments. They are built to retain contact-to-contact sealing in temperatures as low as -319 °F (-195° C).
Temperatures falling below -85 °F (-65 °C) typically leaves one at risk of losing the pin-to-pin environmental seal and/or having cracked elastomeric components leading to electrical shorting. The Cryo-Seal Hermetic ensures your sealing and connectivity remain operational.
48-hour exposure testing conducted on our Cryo-Seal Hermetic series showed no fractures or cracks in the glass seal. Maintaining a true hermetic seal, limiting helium air leak to 1X10^(-7) cubic centimeters per second. No cracking of the elastomeric interfacial seal was observed under 5x magnification.
Features & Benefits:
• Mate with Deep Space 38999 plugs for a Cryogenic mated pair
• Intermatable and interchangeable with standard 38999 connectors
• Limits helium air leak to 1X10^(-7)cubic centimeters per second
• Improved interfacial seal to resist cracking in extreme cold conditions
• Exposure tested for 2 weeks at -319 °F (-195° C) and retained full hermeticity
• Rubber will not take a compression set when stretched or compressed due to regular connector operations
• Available across 38999 Series I, Series II, and Series III
• Tooled in 30+ insert arrangements across 38999 connectors
• Can be made available in 2M connectors as well