6U VPX 10G 48-Channel Rugged Ethernet Switch
This 48-port 6U VPX-managed Ethernet Switch is configurable for system connectivity, speeds, port types, and interoperation with various high-speed media converters and connectors for system interfacing. The 6U VPX switch is a form, fit, and function replacement to the GXB-460. The configurability to meet system requirements is achieved through superior product design. For starters, each port is capable of 10G Ethernet -- some ports can either be configured as 10G-Base-T (also supporting 100-Base-T and 1G-Base-T) or 10G-BaseKR (also supporting 1000-Base-X and SGMII). The switching throughput is up to 480 Gbps when using all 48 ports on the switch. In addition, the switch is non-blocking and low-latency for high-throughput architectures and applications. While the backplane is providing the highest densities of port count, the front-panel connections operate with various copper/fiber media converters and high-speed system connectors. Finally, the management software provides a command line interface, SNMP, and other web-based options for configuring the switch. It is capable of a full complement of virtualization, quality of service, security, tunneling, precisiontime protocol, and other capabilities.
Features & Benefits:
- Up to 48 channels of 10 GbE interfaces on a single card.
- Many of the ports are configurable between 10G-Base-T and 10G-Base-KR
- All ports are 10G capable and they also work in 100M and 1G modes.
- Line-rate forwarding up to 480 Gbps
- Configurable for multiple backplane pinouts and profiles
- Highly managed multi-layer switching services to include multicast, QoS, and security features
- Precision time protocol (IEEE 1588v1/v2) support
- VITA 46 6U VPX available in conduction-cooled -40- +85C environments as well as harsh vibration profiles
Ethernet Interfaces - Backplane
- 16 ports of 10G-Base-KR / SGMII / 1000-Base-X are static
- 4 ports of 10G-Base-T / 1G-Base-T / 100-Base-T
- 20 ports of XAUI/10G-Base-KX4 are static from top HQDP Headers
- A maximum of 44 channels of 10G-Base-KR / SGMII / 1000-Base-X can be brought to the backplane
- This part is also compliant with Amphenol LightConex technology thereby removing a half differential pair wafer and replacing with backplane blind mate compliant fiber to copper and copper to fiber conversion. By utilizing Light Conex, 8 channels of 10G-Base-KR / SGMII / 1000-Base-X will be replaced by 4 channels of 10G-Base-SR / 1G-Base-SX. If LightConex is of interest, please contact the factory.
- 8 ports can each be either 106-Base SR off the top Vita 66.1 connector or 106-Base-KR/SGMII 11000-Base X off VPX Connectors” should be “8 ports can each be either 10G-Base-SR off the top Vita 66.1 connector or 10G-Base-KR/SGMII off the VPX Connectors
Compliant with Amphenol Part Numbers: